XLPE Two Core Decoder Cable 2.5mm x 1mts
XLPE Two Core Decoder Cable 2.5mm x 1mts-50mts
- This cable has been custom designed specifically for Irrigation Installations. It consist of two cores of copper wire with conductors with a round profile area each of 2.5 sq.mm.
- The Cable has three ply protection.
- A tough outer polyethylene 'shell' (MDPE).
- PVC Sheath around the copper wire, one coloured red and the other blue.
- Insulation material between the sheaths and the shell. This material is XLPE or PEX and is made from high density polyethylene (HDPE). A 'cross-linking process is carried out during process.
- The cross linking provides three key improvements to the material by:
- Enhanced high temperature tolerance.
- Reducing moisture permeability
- Enhanced dielectric properties, which is is important for medium voltage -50kV AC.
- The cable's outer shell is coloured bright orange to enhance visability.
- Cable Type: XE
- Standard: IEC 60502-1
- Standard: PQ-1060
- No of Cores: 2 x 2.5mm
Construction and Dimensions
- Conductor Type: Cu(Copper)
- Shape: Circular
- Class/Standard: 1/IEC 60228
- Nominal Diameter: 1.73mm
- Insulation Material: XLPE
- Nominal Radial Thickness: 0.7mm
- Diameter over Insulation: 3.2mm
- Outer Sheath material: MDPE
- Nominal Overall Diameter: 9.7mm
- Max Conductor DC resistance at 20°C: 7.41 Ohm/km
- Star Resistance per phase at 50Hz: 0.11 Ohm/kw
- Maximum Permanent current rating at air at 40°C: 33 (9) A36 (8)
- Approved by Hunter to use with their Decoders